Monday, November 24, 2008

Not The Most Effective Way To Meet A Fireman...



There are sure ways to meet a Fireman.

Like maybe The Annual Fireman's Chili Cook off, Or perhaps stealing a neighbors cat and chasing it up a tree.

Catching a ten foot drapery in your house on fire however, will not do the trick.

The Scene: My house. Girls Night. Eight girls on their way.

Girlfriend #1 arrives.

I hear her out in the driveway and walk outside to assist. Apparently when I opened the front door to exit there was some sort of vacuum effect and the drapery blew out the slider and onto the lanai catching fire on a candle.

Under a minute later first friend to arrive and I are back in the house...

Within seconds I notice the fire and start screaming!

Holy shit! That had to be the scariest moment of my life.

And what do I do??? PANIC!!!

Seriously, I DID.NOT.KNOW.WHAT.THE.FUCK.TO.DO!

They teach us at a young age that if WE are on fire... TO,STOP,DROP & ROLL...

But they don't teach us what to do when our draperies catch fire.

Fortunately, while I'm frantically running around searching for the phone to call The Old Man next door and the fire alarm is blaring because I don't know what to do...

Girlfriend #1 has smothered the fire with her favorite blanket.

Apparently she learned more in Girl Scouts than me!

So, there you have it.

Great weekend.

We'll just call it "Girls Gone Wild: Up In Smoke Episode."

The house is still standing. I'm just missing a window treatment. Girlfriend #1 is missing a blanket.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would ripped it down and jumped in the pool.

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Wow, that beats my weekend in terms of excitment.

Always Organizing said...

Holy crap!!!! Talk about foreshadowing in your last post, creepy!

ps. I would have called the fire department to have some eye candy show up. Not that the old guy isn't eye candy...

FROGGITY! said...

hey! back to visit again (i keep up with you but sometimes am a slacker, lol)... and omg!

this story belongs in the books. it's quality stuff. glad everyone's okay!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Holy smokes. I can't say what I would done if it was me either. Your mind knows but the body sometimes has other plans. Glad all is well.

Stella's World said...

I would like to think I would have grabbbed my fire extinguisher- which I keep in my kitchen.......guess what LLL's getting for Christmas? Boring- yes, but who needs that kind of excitement!

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is ok! I go with AO - call 911 for some eye candy. ;) Let's hope it doesn't happen again, though!

PaperCourt said...

I can't believe I missed the excitement. And I heard the drapes were really cute...bummer.

Unknown said...

Good story. Thanks girlfriend #1.