Saturday, January 10, 2009

Today...

I had a "ME DAY."

My first day in a long time with ME and ONLY ME!

Know what I learned? I'm damn good company.

I awoke this morning and got shit done.

Did the dishes, the laundry, cleaned the house, brought the trash out (shoes still in there thankyouverymuch) and watered the plants.

Then...

I went shopping. 1 new tennis skirt, a pair of shorts and a Christmas stocking (beautiful and on sale. For who I don't know...Maybe my next dog...I'm considering getting Lola a buddy).

No new shoes though...I am eyeing a pair of Via Spigas that are SO me, and would SO make me forget about the pair that the trash men took today. They are on clearance, but I am still looking at Hawaii in my future and trying to save.

Then...

Grocery shopping. Boring I know. I did get hit on though.

Then...

A two mile walk and I watched some tennis up at the club.

Now...

I'm just out of the hot tub. I'm drinking a glass of wine and sharing my "ME DAY" with all of you.

They say...

Whoever in the hell "THEY" are...

"That you can't be happy with anyone, unless you're happy with yourself."

I say...

"I like you self! Thanks for spending the day with me!"

*ETA* I wrote this entire post while listening to my wedding CD that we gave out as party favors compliments of Stereos & Souffles.

It's been awhile since I've listened to it. It made me too sad. Tonight I'm smiling while listening...

Cuz there WERE a lot of happy times...And... He allowed our "cake cutting" song to be sung by Adam Sandler! I forgot about that... That will always mean the world!

8 comments:

Stereos and Souffles said...

Wow, listening to the wedding CD. You are strong sister!! Cheers to you! I raise my Leinenkugel
to you! If you haven't tried this beer, you should. It's one of my favs.

kat said...

i love that cd. i still listen to it

Anonymous said...

Awww! Glad you had such a great day! And were able to have happy reflections...

Unknown said...

Good stuff. Nothing like a me day to make your day. Do you have pictures of your dog?

PaperCourt said...

I think I lost my CD....or it's broken under the seat of my car.

Congrats on the "me" day. I would love one of those.

Stella's World said...

Good for you!

The Rockin' Wife said...

Those days are the best. My husband is out of town right now, so last night, thinking of you and your post that I read, I poured a glass of wine or two and watched Gossip Girl...and organized my makeup... and did whatever the hell I wanted to do. For Me.

Live.Love.Eat said...

OMG! That is super cool and empowering!!!!!!!!!!!