Sunday, September 14, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter



Just got off the phone with my Mom.

Her and my Dad went out with her college roommate and her husband last night.

And so the conversation goes...

Me: "Did y'all have fun?"

Her: "I'm really hungover. I feel like I've partied since 1999."

Me: Laughing. "Those aren't the words. It's I'm gonna party like it's 1999."

Her: "No, I meant what I said. This morning I feel like I've been partying since 1999"

Me: "Yeah, I guess 9 years of partying would make you feel like shit."

Me: "So what are you doing now?"

Her: "Having a glass of wine."

And there you have it like mother like daughter...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally f*ing LOL when I read this. Then I read the tag. YOU CRACK ME UP! I can't wait to meet both of you!

Anonymous said...

BTW - I tagged you on my blog!

morewineplease said...

funniest conversation!!! LOVE IT.. thats a woman after my heart!

Anonymous said...

Love it! My mom would be slurring and saying "No! I'm not drunk!" Maybe not drunk, but a couple of drinks and a handful of pills.... Bless her heart... (That was sarcasm.)

Live.Love.Eat said...

NICE!!!!! Love that your mom can party!!!!

Stella's World said...

Live Love Eat-but I can't party!I do ok in the safety of my own home- but I can't handle the late night stuff (She left out the part about her having a beer during the conversation.)

Life, Love And Lola said...

Comet,
I totally mentioned the beer. It's in the label line, and probably the best part of the post.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to sound picky but you write "Her and my dad..." grammatically it's supposed to be "She and my dad..."