Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Second My Flip-Flop Hit The Island Of Oahu...





I Became a different Woman.

A chameleon...If you will.

That's how magical this place was...and the effect this trip had on me SHOCKED.THE.SHIT.OUT.OF.ME!

So, how am I different?

*I.HATE.BIRDS...They Freak Me The Fuck Out...And just look at me up there. With birds!!! ON.ME!!

*I got a tattoo. I've always contemplated getting one...Just never really had a reason. I always said "If I ever get one I want it to have meaning."

Well...This trip "Had Meaning." I let a lot go while in Hawaii...As y'all know I've been through A LOT...I'm proud to say I left ALL of that there.

All of The Bullshit...The Drama...The Tears... That The Ex caused me are now washed away in The Pacific...FAR.FAR.AWAY.FROM.ME!

So...back to The Tattoo...That's my reason! It's simple and sweet and was done by the guy from "Inked" on A&E. Hibiscus Flower with small outline of Oahu...To remind me everyday for the rest of my life that I left my past there!

*As you also know...I'm terrified of heights! Well...I hiked Mt. Kilaueu (an active volcano) all the way to 5,500 ft! HOLY.SHIT! I was SO scared to look down. Talk about anxiety attack...No Xanax on board...But I did it! And it was so worth it!

*I went out without a bra...Now I've done the "No Panties" thing quite a bit in the past (makes me feel sassy). But no bra...Notsomuch.

So if I seem different...

It's because I am!

10 comments:

kat said...

i love to rebel side of you. trip of a lifetime to change your life

EC said...

Birds freak me out,too. I would need that Xanax for a bird to come within 5 feet of me. I don't like going in the bird section of the pet store. Bleh.

You gotta show a pic of that tattoo!

The Rambler said...

That is fantastic!!!

Seriously.

Can't wait to see the photos of the tattoo :)

Next time for sure we need to get together and have a drink!!

Newlywed said...

Yeah!!!! Nothing like a much needed, life-changing moment in time ... so happy for you!

P.S. I have never been a "bird girl" myself - totally understand!

Unknown said...

I jumped over here from Live.love.eat and HOLY cow! It looks like you had such a fun time : ). I love it : )

Unknown said...

Talk about letting your hair down. What are you going to do with yourself when you get back to your regular life.

TuTu's Bliss said...

I'm glad you loved it so much here. You can have a custom pendant made with sand from the island beaches swirled inside. I have seen it done with ashes..why not sand? They are stunning. I'm having one made with sand my girls gathered for my mom. You can find them on Etsy.
Just an idea..

Hugs, Jen

Unknown said...

Love it! Good for you.

Face the fear and do it anyway. Well done :)

Shannie said...

LOVE IT. So glad the trip was so meaningful. Next time you go, I'll come with! We'll make a meaningful trip together! But, hopefully, next time, you won't have any bad memories or hurts to leave there... All happy days from here on out, my friend!!! XOXO

FROGGITY! said...

alright!! here's to change, here's to leaving the past behind... and here's to HAWAIIAN AWESOMENESS! :) go girl go.