Sunday, August 31, 2008

Conversation With My Neighbor



While watching The US Open tonight he looks over at me and says...

Him: "Have you ever seen Oh Brother where Art Thou?"

Me: "No, I haven't, and I think you meant are right?"

Him: "No, it's art"

Me: "Okay whatever we've been drinking it's art if that's what you say."

Totally not happy with the fact that I'm somewhat ignoring this whole conversation cuz I'm trying to watch tennis and obviously not interested in this movie otherwise I would have seen it. He heads to my office to confirm that he's right with our good friend Google.

Him: "L, Come in here" He has a page pulled up on the Internet.

Him: "Look. Art, art, art, art, art, art, art, art, art, art, art!"

Me: "You sound like a seal. You win, I'm going to watch tennis."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

literally laughed out loud about the seal comment. you got your funny back.

Stella's World said...

Was that the movie with George Clooney? The commercials for it just didn't do anything for me. So many times the ones praised by the critics can't regular folks to go see them.

Life, Love And Lola said...

Comet,
Are you drunk or is it me? I didn't understand the question??? Or maybe you turned Chinese on me??

morewineplease said...

Ditto for comet??? WT??

Art art art.. at least you had a comeback...

Stella's World said...

Ok LLL and MWP, there was a movie a while back called "Oh brother where art thou" George Clooney played a part in it. They had commercials for it on TV and the critics talked about it on the news before and during the time it was out.I left out a word or two in my last sentence. What i was trying to say is that alot of times when the critics rave about a movie because it is so artistic blah blah- regular people can't relate to it and they won't go see it.Not drunk- just don't always write well.Apparently neighbor agreed with some of the movie buffs therefore art art art.

Anonymous said...

I gotcha LOTC! And, I looove that movie, ftr, ladies. One of my faves. I could watch it a thousand times and just like it more each time. You should give it a chance!

L, LOVE the seal comment! I bet he shut up and sat down to watch tennis. HA!

Moe Wanchuk said...

I LOVE the US Open. My wife just got back. She said it was incredible.