Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I was tagged by my Mom to list seven boring things about myself. Since I haven't always done what she has asked I'm going to change it up a little. Instead, I'm going to list seven cool things about me.
1. I have held a beating heart in my hand. A humans beating heart! When I worked in the OR the heart team would need heart holders while the surgeon was doing the reanastamosis of the arteries. I would always volunteer. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life.
2. I finished The Draft Day Dash 5K in 23 minutes. My goal was actually 21 minutes. But I still ran under 8 minute miles and got a medal. I was so excited while running through the tunnel and onto The Tampa Bay Buccaneers field I almost peed my pants! My husband and my dad were there cheering me on. It was a very proud moment for me! These morning runs are the times when drinking a beer at 9AM is perfectly acceptable, and that's pretty cool.
3. I saw a shark (the size of me) swimming at me while snorkeling in The Keys a couple of years ago. I totally freaked. My husband swears I ran on water to get back to the boat. Two cool things here: 1.If I did indeed run on water that's cool. 2.The fact that I wasn't attacked was pretty cool too.
4. I'm very laid back. Which is a cool way to be. I'm certain I belong in the islands somewhere. I guess Florida is close enough for now.
5. I assisted in the operation to remove one of my best friend's gallbladder. Yep, I've seen her guts. I think it's cool. Her NOTSOMUCH.
6. I taught my old dog how to tell me he loved me. It was the coolest thing. I'm still working on this one with Lola.
7. I swam in Pee Wee Herman's parents pool when I was little. This was way before he got caught yanking his wanker at the drive in. So it was cool then.
*ETA* The friend who's Gallbladder I helped remove still insists that she gets Gallbladder attacks. I always reassure her that we did remove it. So now we call them "Phantom Gallbladder Attacks."