Wednesday, August 13, 2008

TAGGED



I was tagged by my Mom to list seven boring things about myself. Since I haven't always done what she has asked I'm going to change it up a little. Instead, I'm going to list seven cool things about me.

1. I have held a beating heart in my hand. A humans beating heart! When I worked in the OR the heart team would need heart holders while the surgeon was doing the reanastamosis of the arteries. I would always volunteer. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

2. I finished The Draft Day Dash 5K in 23 minutes. My goal was actually 21 minutes. But I still ran under 8 minute miles and got a medal. I was so excited while running through the tunnel and onto The Tampa Bay Buccaneers field I almost peed my pants! My husband and my dad were there cheering me on. It was a very proud moment for me! These morning runs are the times when drinking a beer at 9AM is perfectly acceptable, and that's pretty cool.

3. I saw a shark (the size of me) swimming at me while snorkeling in The Keys a couple of years ago. I totally freaked. My husband swears I ran on water to get back to the boat. Two cool things here: 1.If I did indeed run on water that's cool. 2.The fact that I wasn't attacked was pretty cool too.

4. I'm very laid back. Which is a cool way to be. I'm certain I belong in the islands somewhere. I guess Florida is close enough for now.

5. I assisted in the operation to remove one of my best friend's gallbladder. Yep, I've seen her guts. I think it's cool. Her NOTSOMUCH.

6. I taught my old dog how to tell me he loved me. It was the coolest thing. I'm still working on this one with Lola.

7. I swam in Pee Wee Herman's parents pool when I was little. This was way before he got caught yanking his wanker at the drive in. So it was cool then.

*ETA* The friend who's Gallbladder I helped remove still insists that she gets Gallbladder attacks. I always reassure her that we did remove it. So now we call them "Phantom Gallbladder Attacks."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are seriously way cool things to have done!!!!! Way cool!

Stella's World said...

The theater he got caught in was an adult walk in theater- not a drive in- and for the tourists- across from Dan's Fan City on U.S.41- now Manhattan Grill.
I had lunch with Pee Wee when I took care of some one he was visiting during that time.
The heart holding is WAY COOL.

Life, Love And Lola said...

Life on The Tail,

I thought it was that old drive-in on 41. Either way... Pee Wees Big Adventure got him thrown in the slammer!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

oh my gosh! how cool on all of these....

Even...the gallbladder one. Ish.

delmer said...

I wanted to watch my roomie get his appendix removed -- I thought OSU Hospital might have a viewing room, like in Quincy, they'd let me sit in.

I imagine they have a room like that somewhere. They wouldn't let me sit in it and watch.

Wendy Baubach said...

hmmm....don't know what to really say.....those are ALL definitly cool things.....the whole heart thing kinda freaks me out but there again I have never worked in the medical field....I honestly did not know there was such a thing as a heart holder...