Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fearing The Flight!!!



Yes, already!

WTF? Seriously, I'm terrified of heights and I hate to fly. How the hell did this happen to me?

I use to be a huge "Risk Taker" in fact one of me dreams in college was to climb to Base Camp One of Mount Everest. And now I'm freaking the fuck out about flying alone 48 hours before I leave.

I haven't been on a plane alone since I was in high school. No joke. I've always had a buddy, or my husband.

I feel really bad for the poor soul that will be sitting next to me.

1.Will he/she freak when I grab their hand during take off?

2.Will they be quick with the "Vomit Bag" if need be?

3.Or will they decide after they ask for a coffee and I request a Bloody Mary and PLEEEEEASE make it a double that their only option for a decent flight is to follow my lead?

Pick three!! Pick three!! Let's have a drink, I'll fall asleep (most likely on your shoulder) and all will be fine.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pick #3 for you. Sorry you have to fly alone. Where are you going?

Life, Love And Lola said...

Texas bound!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's right!!!! Allen TX - and Wentworth hunting for you!!!

Wendy Baubach said...

You'll be fine....if I can do it you definitely can...I took your mom's advice and took some Wal'dram...it did work...granted I still had my nails and head buried in Brian's arm during takeoff and landing.....just grab the person next to you and ask them to forgive you beforehand.....you'll have a great trip!

morewineplease said...

I am the same way.. I seriously freak out.. flying is NOT NATURAL.
Please go get a Xanax... I posted about it in June... it really helps... seriously.. what are you waiting on?

Live.Love.Eat said...

Have a Bloody Mary before you leave as well. Do you have a flask? Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll do fine, don't worry!! And have fun!!!!!

Stella's World said...

All this from my little hellion that used to strip down to her undies and jump off the north bridge to Siesta Key and very possibly and unknowingly into a big sharks mouth.
Bloody Mary's are definitely the way to go. Hopefully your seatmate is a hawt baseball player that wants an absolutely adorable wife and to start a family ASAP!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I'd definitely ride with you if you picked #3!!!!

Do you have an ipod? pick a good book and listen to it during the flight. It's like being read to. Somewhat soothing...

Anonymous said...

May I second a xanax? And a stiff drink. HAVE FUN!

kat said...

have a fantastic trip. call me when u get home.i love u